If you need more information you can:
- read the documentation online.
German users can buy the German translation of the book from C&L.
- read the General FAQ.
- read the Building faq (PDF).
- read the news.
- join one of the mailing lists.
- have a chat with the FPC developers on IRC channel #fpc on server irc.freenode.net. The log of this channel is available here.
- search the FPC Wiki.
- or contact us via email:
- if you have general pascal questions, please post them to one of the following newsgroups:
- A guide how to make code written in C or C++ accessible in Pascal. Thanks to Gilles Marcou!
- Our manuals are written for people who already know how to program in Pascal.
If you are looking for information how you can learn Pascal,
Tao Yue's Learn Pascal Tutor is a good choice.
The windows unit is not documented in Free Pascal. The reason for
this is that this is a HUGE unit, which would describe the complete win32
API, and that is not the purpose of this documentation.
The complete and up-to-date documentation of the Windows API is also on-line available on Microsofts website.
General and DOS: Florian Klaempfl
Linux: Michael Van Canneyt
680x0 / BeOS versions: Carl Eric Codere
OS/2 / eComStation and EMX: hajny@SPAM.freepascal.ME.org.NOT (Tomas Hajny)
FreeBSD: Marco van de Voort
Mac OS X / Darwin: jonas@SPAM.freepascal.ME.org.NOT
Mac OS classic: firstname.lastname@example.org